WHS & Risk Coordinator
WHS & RISK COORDINATOR
Our LGA includes the main township of Oberon and surrounding villages of Black Springs, Burraga and O’Connell. Oberon has a community infrastructure which includes hospital and aged care facilities, town and village community centres, library, schools, swimming pool, public golf course, and a variety of sporting fields and parks. Oberon LGA has a commercial area and a combination of forestry, wood processing, rural and tourism industries supporting the local socio-economic viability. It also has a sewerage and water system.
Oberon Council is looking for a WHS & Risk Coordinator to take on an exciting role with the impending retirement of the previous incumbent.
The primary responsibilities are:
• Providing Council employees with the safest possible working environment
• Maintaining the WHS management systems, policies and strategies
• Continue to develop a safety awareness culture in the organisation
• Assist with renewal of all Council insurance policies, including Public Liability.
To be successful in this role you will need:
• Previous experience in WHS, Risk and Public Liability within local government
• Highly developed communication skills
• The ability to solve problems
• Relevant qualifications and experience in WHS and Risk Management
• A team approach to decision making
• The ability to accept and manage significant change.
This is a full time role and the salary will range from $66,716 to $72,053 depending on qualifications and experience.
A position description can be downloaded from www.oberon.nsw.gov.au. All applications must address the selection criteria. For further information, contact Anne Eastwell, HR Coordinator on (02) 6329 8150.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, we are interested in hearing from you. Applications should be addressed to the General Manager and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Oberon Council, PO Box 84, OBERON NSW 2787.
Applications close at 4pm on 24 February 2017.
Share this job with friends.