Chief Operating Officer
Chief Operating Officer
• Exciting career opportunity and pivotal leadership role
• Attractive Senior Staff performance-based contract on offer
Often referred to as the Capital of the Outback, Broken Hill is the cultural heart of regional Australia and the Far West of NSW. Renowned for its mining industry, the region is also a centre for the arts, tourism and film.
Broken Hill is the economic centre of the Far West region with strong industry and business presence. The city is enjoying a resurgence in economic growth with major infrastructure capital works, renewable energy, mining and other large projects in excess of $1B either underway or in the planning stage. A city that opens its arms to visitors, it is also a great place to live and raise a family with state-of-the art cultural, health, education, sporting and community centres and facilities.
Broken Hill City Council has embarked on an exciting new era of progression, development and change. Council now has a career defining opportunity for a motivated individual to work with a progressive Council and be a key driver for the delivery of the Council’s objectives. Reporting to the General Manager as an integral member of the senior leadership team, you will have demonstrated:
- A proven ability to lead and shape organisational culture to focus on continuous improvement and customer service;
- A record of achievement at a senior level in achieving efficiency gains through reform and innovation;
- A proven track record of high level program and project management through the implementation and delivery of major works programs;
- Strong financial and commercial skills; including exceptional analytical skills and application of modern business planning principles and management of complex budgets;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including stakeholder engagement, relationship building and report writing; and
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
Ready for the challenge? This opportunity requires an individual who is commercially astute, able to exceed expectations and who, above all, will make it happen.
The Chief Operating Officer plays a critical role in Council’s success and provides leadership and management of the organisation’s infrastructure strategy and planning, development and compliance functions, and operates the organisation’s strategic short, medium and long-term plans and goals.
If you are ready to be a part of the Be Real future at Broken Hill then please download the information pack which includes relevant information about the role and a position description from the LG NSW Management Solutions website www.lgnsw.org.au/member-services/management-solutions ‘Job Search’ area Current Senior council vacancies – Broken Hill Chief Operating Officer.
Applications, including a covering letter with a short synopsis of how you have met the six dot points in the advertisement and a full CV outlining your current and previous relevant experience. Applications must be submitted via email@example.com
For more information please contact Mark Anderson on 0418 864 866 during business hours.
Applications close 5pm Monday, 20 February 2017.
Share this job with friends.